English Electric EE788/1930
This 70hp battery electric locomotive is the only one left from hundreds of this type that were built. It worked at the Stafford works of English Electric, after being built by the company at the Dick Kerr works on Strand Road in Preston.
This particular loco had the distinction of being hauled up the LMS mainline every five years to its birthplace for overhaul. It spent its entire working life in Stafford, despite the name changes taken on by the business during its evolution.
It was rescued from the scrapman and purchased from GEC Turbine Generators in Feb 1986 and moved to the Foxfield Light Railway. Restoration of the internal fittings commenced whilst on site there. It was later purchased by RSR in 1996 and work has been completed on the external restoration of the loco for display in the museum.