D2595 is class 05 diesel shunter built for British Railways by Hunslet in Leeds in 1959. This class of locomotive was not a success due to the gearchange mechanism being…

Lucy was built by the Avonside Engine Company at Bristol in 1909 and delivered to the Hutchinson Estate & Dock Co. Ltd. at Widnes. She was one of three class…

M.D.H.B No.26 previously worked for the Mersey Docks and Harbour board in Liverpool. Originally earmarked to become the main engine at the Fleetwood Loco Centre, work was carried out on…

‘Efficient’ was built at the Caledonia works of Andrew Barclay & Sons in Kilmarnock. It is a standard Barclay saddle tank with 14″ x 22″ cylinders and 3′ 5″ driving…

Delivered new to Haunchwood Colliery in North Warwickshire coalfield, the locomotive was transferred to Arley Colliery on closure of Haunchwood.The engine received a new boiler in 1950, manufactured by Andrew…

03189 is a close relative of our other BR Class 03 on site, D2148. ‘189s long career on the main line drew to a close when the loco was withdrawn…

This locomotive was built by Avonside Engine Company in 1923 and initially worked at the Pitsford Ironstone Quarries in Northampton. Here it carried the name “Pitsford”. It carries a standard…

This locomotive was built by the Yorkshire Engine Company to works number 2677 in 1960.

Peckett 0-6-0ST No. 1636 ‘Fonmon’ Built for Aberthaw & Bristol Channel Portland Cement Co Ltd, it worked at their cement works and the Tumen Asbestos Works in Rhoose, South Wales.

D9539 is currently not visible to visitors, being stored in a non-public area, awaiting repairs D9539 is a member of the BR Class 14 and was built at Swindon works…

Page 1 of 21 2
Logo_footer   
     © 2024 Ribble Steam Railway

website by LATcreative