Consultant Opportunity: Equality and Diversity Project
Organisation: Ribble Steam Railway and Museum
Project: Equality and Diversity Project
Fee: £3000 including VAT and expenses
Location: Based in own office, some travel to the Preston site will be required
Contract: Jan 2021 – 15 March 2021.
Deadline for applications : Sun 6 December 5pm
Interviews will be held: 10/11 December
Appointment of Selected Consultant: December 2020
Project Commences: 1 January 2020 and concludes – 25 March 2021
We wish to engage a specialist to address, guide and lead us in the process of change. We are able to do this as a result of our successful bid to the Government’s Culture Recovery Fund. We wish to develop and better embed our values into our organisation’s code of practice, policies, plans, processes and practices.
We wish to fully engage our internal audiences as part of this process in adopting an approach to Equality and Inclusion. Our approach needs to be of our times and support our organisation’s learning, development and progress. To do this we want to employ a specialist to guide and advise us through the steps to consult and engage with our audiences to modernise our ways of working.
The successful consultant will:
- Report to the Business Team
- Engage with key stakeholders
- Help us to develop an approach that embeds our values alongside equality and inclusion and best practice for museum and volunteer organisations
- Advise and support our adoption and integration of our new policy into our Safety Management System (SMS) and alongside our values and aims
- Support the railway and museum’s Business Planning Team to enable us to bring about positive cultural and organisation change
- Develop metrics to demonstrate that this project helps us with the impact that the COVID-19 pandemic has had on our volunteers, staff and visitors
You will join a new project team working together as part of a bigger cultural initiative to reinvent, strengthen and develop our digital and physical heritage railway, museum and site experience for all.
Given COVID-19 restrictions, the majority of this project would need to be delivered virtually; however, elements could move to face-to-face if possible.
To be considered for this role, please include in your submission:
- An up to date CV
- Links to websites, social media platforms illustrating previous experience
- A written statement about your knowledge and experience, proposed approach and methodology, creative ideas related to the Brief (A) (1500 words max)
- A proposal outlining how you would engage key stakeholders and effectively deliver the project, and to budget within the timescale, given Covid-19 Pandemic restrictions.
- You will be expected to have the necessary insurance and technical experience related to the brief
- Name of two independent referees from two recent commissions / projects
Please submit the following documents by email (email@example.com) to: Maisy Davies and Louise Booth, ‘Diversity and Discrimination Project”
Interviews will be conducted (following strict COVID-19 social distancing guidelines) virtually via Zoom. Please note that dates are subject to change due to the latest government guidelines on COVID-19.
If you would like an informal discussion about this opportunity, require this document in a different format, or have any queries please contact Maisy Davies or Louise Booth (07715814833 / 07955786573).