Steam Locomotives

 

Peckett 0-6-0ST No. 1636 ‘Fonmon’ Built for Aberthaw & Bristol Channel Portland Cement Co Ltd,…

After World War II, the Southern Railway needed to replace ageing shunting engines at Southampton…

‘Caliban’ was completed by the Peckett works in February 1937 for Courtaulds, Preston. On 2…

Andrew Barclay 2343 is one of six 10″ Barclay locomotives that are preserved. 2343 is…

The locomotive was built by the Andrew Barclay company in 1902 as works number 880….

Andrew Barclay No. 1833/1924  ‘Niddrie’ – Ex- Niddrie Collieries (Lothian) AB 0-6-0ST had been stuffed and…

Number 4979 Wootton Hall is one of an illustrious line of named locomotives of the…

The locomotive was supplied to the Ministry of Supply, used at first in Swynnerton Royal…

Working in busy dock and harbour environments necessitated small locomotives with short wheelbases, and at…

“Cumbria” was built to the wartime “Austerity” design, slightly modified by Mr. R.A. Riddles, by…

5643 returned to steam at the Ribble Steam Railway Easter 2013 and is currently at…

Constructed by Sharp Stewart & Co to order 440, this 0-4-0 tender locomotive was one…

St Monans is a 100hp geared four wheel steam locomotive with a vertical boiler and…

After spending most of it’s life working for the Gas board in Cambridge, the small…

Agecroft No.2 was one of three standard outside cylinder locomotives ordered by the Salford Corporation…

Daphne has been donated to the North West Transport Museum in St Helens, a registered…

This typical industrial shunting locomotive was built by Peckett & Sons of Bristol in 1941…

Built for Black Park Colliery Co. Ltd., Denbighshire, Wales in November 1937. Delivered by the…

No. 1439 was built by the LNWR at Crewe in 1865. It was rebuilt in…

1896-built L&YR number 1300 (later LMS 12322 and BR 52322) arrived at Ribble Steam Railway…

Originally ordered for the Savile Colliery nr Leeds on February 1953, the order was changed…

0-6-0ST ‘Austerity’ built by Hunslet (makers number 3793) in 1953 for WD (Army) use. Stored…

Respite had previously worked at the Astley Green, Ladysmith & Bickershaw collieries until 1978. It…

‘Walkden’, is the honorary name given to this example of a Hunslet Austerity. The locomotive was…

This is one of a number of identical engines built by the Hunslet Engine Company…

One of the ubiquitous austerity locomotives built by several manufacturers during World War II, this…

Delivered new to the Corby site of the British Steel Corporation in Northamptonshire, the loco…

Grant Ritchie of Kilmarnock built 42 industrial steam locomotives between 1879 & 1920,  primarily to…

Ivatt left Preston 16-04-18 for Haverthwaite, Lakeside Railway in Cumbria. The LMS Ivatt Class 2…

A new exhibit arrived at Christmas 2010 to join the fleet of Industrial locomotives at…

The King spent most of it’s life working for United Glass in London, before being…

Ribble Steam Railway-based Bagnall 0-6-0ST No. 2680 Courageous made its first ‘light engine’ test runs…

Delivered new to Haunchwood Colliery in North Warwickshire coalfield, the locomotive was transferred to Arley…

M.D.H.B No.26 previously worked for the Mersey Docks and Harbour board in Liverpool. Originally earmarked…

Lucy was built by the Avonside Engine Company at Bristol in 1909 and delivered to…

‘JN Derbyshire’ was built at the Caledonia works of Andrew Barclay & Sons in Kilmarnock….

Delivered new to the Liverpool Corporation in 1928, the loco was later transferred to Lancaster…

Delivered new to the Southall Gas Works as No.4 Loco, it was named Alexander in…

‘Efficient’ was built at the Caledonia works of Andrew Barclay & Sons in Kilmarnock. It…

The loco was ordered in 1908 by Howe’s Plaster Works, to work between the private…