Rail Operative, Ribble Rail Ltd
Salary: £22,388 pa 36 hrs over 4 days per week (involves weekend working)
Permanent Full-Time Staff Vacancy
We are looking for looking for a motivated person to join our talented operations team at Ribble Rail Ltd. This is a unique opportunity to work in a commercial operating role, in a preserved heritage setting, in the heart of Preston Docklands, Lancashire.
A permanent vacancy has arisen in our operations team. Our small team is responsible for moving oil trains arriving from and departing to the national rail network within the dock site. Ideally, you will have operational railway experience along with a highly professional attitude and a proactive and diligent approach to your work. You will report to our Operations Foreman.
This role involves weekend working. A full and valid UK driving licence is required, as there is a requirement to drive company road vehicles.
What would we need from you?
- Previous/current operational experience as a qualified Train Driver and shunting experience is desirable.
- Experience in heavy diesel plant maintenance is an advantage.
- A sound knowledge of railway rules and regulations.
- Outstanding communication skills are essential.
- A high level of self-motivation being a good teamplayer arekey attributes.
- A proactive approach, and a willingness to embrace new ideas/ ways of working.
More information is available RRL Operative Job and Person Specification (click to download).
Benefits of working for us at Ribble Rail Ltd:
- A competitive salary
- A comprehensive training programme.
- Continuous ongoing support and professional advancement.
- Enrolment in our Railway’s Pension Scheme.
Due to the nature of this role, candidates must be aged 18 years or over. Application deadline: Thursday 4th April 2019.
For an informal chat please contact Ribble Rail Director Michael Rigg Tel: 07904 952505.
Shortlisted Applicants will be invited to meet the management team – Formal Interviews will be held W/C 8th at our Preston site.
Please include the names of two professional referees who can be contacted by email and/or by phone. (References will not be requested until after an employment offer is made)
To apply for this vacancy, please send the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday 4th April 2019.
- Application Form (see below under downloads)
- GDPR Consent Permission Form for Job Applicants* to allow us to hold your information for interview purposes (see below under downloads)
- Your C.V. (in PDF format).
*With the implementation of The General Data Protection Regulation in May 2018, changes have occurred in how companies record, store and use individuals’ personal data. A a result, at Ribble Rail Ltd,we have reviewed and amended some of our working practices. As a company we do need to collect and hold data about you to enable us to process your job application. The GDPR law places a further (and new) obligation for us as an employer to tell our job applicants in more detail why we collect your data, what we do with it, and how long we will retain it for.
Application Downloads (click to download)
RRL Job Application Form (word document)
RRL GDPR Consent Form for Job Applicants (please sign)