5643 returned to steam at the Ribble Steam Railway Easter 2013 and is currently at the Embsay and Bolton Abbey Steam Railway on loan for 2015.

Constructed by Sharp Stewart & Co to order 440, this 0-4-0 tender locomotive was one of a batch of eight locomotives constructed for the Furness Railway. It was completed in…

St Monans is a 100hp geared four wheel steam locomotive with a vertical boiler and cylinders which was built in 1947 by the Shrewsbury firm of Sentinels Ltd.

After spending most of it’s life working for the Gas board in Cambridge, the small Sentinel moved to Carnforth, where it became a regular, in use for shunting & demonstration…

Agecroft No.2 was one of three standard outside cylinder locomotives ordered by the Salford Corporation Electricity Department for use at Agecroft Power Station near Manchester where they shunted coal wagons…

Daphne has been donated to the North West Transport Museum in St Helens, a registered Museum. Daphne has spent many years on the seafront at Lytham as a former playground…

This typical industrial shunting locomotive was built by Peckett & Sons of Bristol in 1941 for the Southport Gas Company. An unexpected feature of the painting schedule for 1999 was…

Built for Black Park Colliery Co. Ltd., Denbighshire, Wales in November 1937. Delivered by the LMS to Chirk. Ended life at Bersham Colliery, Wrexham, Wales.

No. 1439 was built by the LNWR at Crewe in 1865. It was rebuilt in November 1887 and again in September 1898. The original Ramsbottom chimney would have been replaced…

Originally ordered for the Savile Colliery nr Leeds on February 1953, the order was changed that April to despatch the locomotive to Glasshoughton Colliery, where it duly arrived in  November…

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Logo_footer   
     © 2017 Ribble Steam railway

website by LATcreative