The King spent most of it’s life working for United Glass in London, before being transferred to St Helens. The loco last steamed in the late 1990’s when on site…

BICC is a powerful North British Diesel Hydraulic shunter. Delivered new to BICC’s site at Prescot outside Liverpool, the diesel replaced a number of Steam locomotives & began working a…

The loco was ordered in 1908 by Howe’s Plaster Works, to work between the private sidings (Howes Sidings Box) on the Settle & Carlisle near Cumwhinton, in Cumberland (as it…

E79960 was built in Germany in 1958 by Waggon und Masshienenbau for British Railways. Five were ordered from Germany for branch lines where passenger numbers were extremely low.

A new exhibit arrived at Christmas 2010 to join the fleet of Industrial locomotives at the Ribble Steam Railway and the engine has been a TV star!

D2595 is class 05 diesel shunter built for British Railways by Hunslet in Leeds in 1959. This class of locomotive was not a success due to the gearchange mechanism being…

Lucy was built by the Avonside Engine Company at Bristol in 1909 and delivered to the Hutchinson Estate & Dock Co. Ltd. at Widnes. She was one of three class…

M.D.H.B No.26 previously worked for the Mersey Docks and Harbour board in Liverpool. Originally earmarked to become the main engine at the Fleetwood Loco Centre, work was carried out on…

‘Efficient’ was built at the Caledonia works of Andrew Barclay & Sons in Kilmarnock. It is a standard Barclay saddle tank with 14″ x 22″ cylinders and 3′ 5″ driving…

Delivered new to Haunchwood Colliery in North Warwickshire coalfield, the locomotive was transferred to Arley Colliery on closure of Haunchwood.The engine received a new boiler in 1950, manufactured by Andrew…

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 7
Logo_footer   
     © 2024 Ribble Steam Railway

website by LATcreative